A Brighter Future Awaits.

Modifications And Relocation: We Are Here To Help When Circumstances Change

Your life will undoubtedly be different after divorce. But just as your life changes, so too must your divorce and child custody agreements. Perhaps you will take a new job outside the state. Or your children’s needs will evolve as they grow older and advance in school. When these events happen, it’s important to speak with an experienced family law attorney who can help you make timely and appropriate changes to your parenting time and support agreements, and avoid any potential problems.

Looking To Make A Change? Our Team Of Lawyers Can Work With You.

At Scott Law Group, we work with individuals and families in the Winston-Salem area and throughout North Carolina as they navigate some of the most difficult moments of their lives. Divorce and child custody agreements are not static; they can be changed to better fit the needs of the parties involved, and to protect children and their relationships with their parents.

Some common reasons for making modifications to alimony, child support, child custody or other divorce agreements include:

  • Remarriage
  • Relocation
  • A need to change a visitation schedule to better fit a parent’s work schedule or a child’s needs
  • Change of preference on the part of a child (usually a teenager)
  • Failure to comply with the stipulations of the visitation schedule
  • Accusations of abuse, neglect, alienation or drug or alcohol abuse

Since opening our doors in 1999, we have remained committed to helping clients move through modifications as quickly and painlessly as possible. Of course, the circumstances of each matter are unique to the people involved. That is why we take a hands-on, compassionate approach to offering advice and representing your interests.

In most cases, we will work hard to reach a timely and amicable agreement with the other parent of your child or former spouse. By resolving issues through negotiations, mediation or other alternative dispute resolution methods, we can help you save time and money.

Let’s Work To Protect Your Interests When Modifying Agreements

If your financial situation has changed and you’re worried about keeping up with your alimony or child support payments, it’s time to contact our attorneys. If your children require additional support for school or extracurricular activities, we can help you determine your options for obtaining additional compensation for your kids.

Call our Kernersville law office today at 336-310-8569 or 800-566-2907, or fill out our online contact form. We serve the Winston-Salem metro area and clients statewide.