Some law firms offer free consultations. Scott Law Group does not, and there are good reasons for that. A free consultation is often just a way to get you in the door so that an attorney can sell you on their services. Free sounds good – but there’s nothing to say you’re going to get more than what you paid for.
At Scott Law Group, we believe we bring a wealth of information and perspective to our initial consultations. We believe that because our clients tell us it’s true.
If you are considering divorce, have an issue with your kids’ other parent, are facing a criminal charge or have been injured through no fault of your own, you need more than a sales job. You need concrete information about your rights and your options. You need to know what to expect as we move forward with your legal issue – and what choices you have if you decide not to hire us.
Here are seven things our initial consultation includes that are well worth the $150 fee:
- We advise you of your legal rights.
- We encourage you to bring your questions to us and take notes.
- We advise you on what you need to do to prepare for your legal journey.
- We give you tips on what to do or not do if you don’t hire us, as well as discuss what we can hope to accomplish in your case.
- We make sure you know that your case is unique and what level of time and attention yours will require.
- We advise you based on a full understanding of your situation, which we could not do if we had not met with you directly.
- We open a case file about your situation, even if you’re not ready to hire us immediately. This takes time and attention, but it means you can come back later for help.
Our initial consultations are not an opportunity to sell you on services you don’t want or need. They are detailed discussions of your exact situation, the law, and how we could help you move forward. They are one of the ways we go the extra mile for each and every client.